"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."---Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Thanksgiving.    

S'posed to take time to be Thankful for what ya got, and Thank 'bout all the Thangs y'all is Thankful fo.     I Think......

We will welcome our eighth----oh yeah, we have SEVEN----grandchild into the world in the summer.     I'm Thankful for the little ones they Gladden MY Heart, and fill me with Joy.     Watching their parents, our now-supposedly-grown children, pull their hair out and weep in frustration is pure gravy, My Friends.     Pass me a biscuit.

My Musician Hubby has been in his Musician Cave, working on a new song, and calling me to come listen.    Every.     Thirty.      Minutes.       You don't know how Thankful I am for today's technology when it comes to music equipment.    He uses headphones and has it set up to where I can't hear him usually if he's not doing vocals.    Unless he asks me to come in and put on the headphones.     Every.    Thirty.     Minutes.     I'm Thankful he's home with me, and that he wants to be here.     Nothing worse than sharing space with someone who would rather be elsewhere, and with someone else.     Trust me on this one.

The washroom at the office flooded several days ago, and you know who makes the call, drags everything out of the room for the repairman, lugs the carpet runner out to dry in the barn (in the rain, no less), and mops up the quarter inch of H2O on the floor?     The same slob that's gonna make two trips a day across town for the entire Thanksgiving Holiday----four days----caring for a geriatric retriever.     In freezing weather.     More if it rains.     I ain't gonna bitch too much because I'm Thankful to have a job, and the Brownie Points I'll get for this will come in handy.

Had to plunk down $75.00 for a load of firewood and that had to be hauled to the back yard and stacked.     I'm Thankful they started putting fireplaces in trailers, a Trailer Trash Dream Come True if there ever was one!

I had to go to three different stores to get the ingredients for Slick's Famous Chicken And Dressing for Thanksgiving dinner.      I will be swamped with kids and grandkids, in-laws, and out-laws.    I won't just go to bed Thursday night, I'll fall into it.    This year, my daughter is throwing this gig at HER house, and all I have to cook is one dish?     HER house will be trashed, not MINE?     Thankful?    OH YEAH!!!!


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.     Laugh too much.     Eat too much.    Love too much,  if you can.   

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. Hope y'all have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Thanksgiving was all that and then some, Slick!

    ReplyDelete