"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."---Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Hard Candy Christmas

This Christmas has been a huge bummer for me and T-Bird.

Our truck gave us The Big Kiss-Off the day after Thanksgiving.    Almost $300.00 worth of repairs.
    This was followed by THREE hospital bills and one radiology bill that hit the mailbox before we could get the truck fixed.
     TWO auto insurance payments were also due.    Plus taxes on my "fishcamp" trailer.

After adding all of THAT to the regular monthly bills, there is no HA-HA-HA (MONEY) in my HO-HO-HO this year.

Yep.     A Hard Candy Christmas.       When Bosslady told me I would be working during The Holidays while she went out of town to party, it licked all the red off of my candy.

Caught up in the disappointment, The Reason For The Season passed me by, and that's MY fault.     As a Southern Baptist---yes, I'm one of  THOSE!!!--- I'm supposed to know better.

In an effort to post SOMETHING for Christmas,  I searched YouTube for inspiration and actually found it.

This story,  99 years old and almost forgotten by History, should give a spark of Hope and Joy to anyone.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, y'all!       

    


2 comments:

  1. Hope things begin to look up a bit for you soon.

    May God Bless you and T-Bird in may other ways.

    Southern Baptist myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all gonna be okay, Suthern! Nice to meet up with another S.B.!!!!!!!

      Delete